Subject: [Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...
From: michael.francis at gs.com (Francis, Michael)
Date: Tue Jul 22 10:52:59 2008

The best example of software impact is the DXO software which definitely
looks different from the standard Canon/ACR conversions. Some like the
look, some don't. The software is a (if not the most) significant
contributor to the digital imaging chain (given a reasonable sensor and
lens.)

http://www.francis-web.com/Photography/album/Misc/DxO%20Examples/slides/
Light-House-DxO-Crop.html
http://www.francis-web.com/Photography/album/Misc/DxO%20Examples/slides/