Subject: [Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Jul 21 20:51:20 2008

I hear you loud and clear.
As with all things - two or more sides to the story.
If I'd have paid for all the film and processing represented by the
number of digital exposures since my commitment to serious digital
equipment - it would have come out to about the same dollars.
Except I would have never done as much shooting on film.
I felt the cost of film and processing truly pinched my "personal" work.
During times when I had a lot of commercial gigs I didn't have the time.
When I didn't have commercial gigs I didn't have the money.

The digital feedback has allowed me to experiment and continue
learning (very quickly).

Big chunk of change in front - then shoot for nothing.
or
Big chunk of change spread over years - paying every day.
We choose according to our perceived needs.

And finally - in terms of professional work - one really doesn't have
a choice.
Unless
You want to try and sell against the trends.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com