Subject: [Leica] IMG - PAW - On the Dig
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Jul 16 21:47:11 2008

Hi Wade,

I always enjoy visiting your blog, and this time was no exception. The
pictures, as always, but this time my eye came across the July 14th
entry, containing this wonderful quote, worth reproducing on the list:

?I would strongly urge people to see simply, and edit simply. Your
photographs are your asset, much more so than your Photoshop skills.
Those image-editing skills may well be critical to your craft, but
they are secondary to your photographic vision. ?Fix it in Photoshop?
is a prescriptive attitude that often leads to making images not worth
investing time trying to salvage through image editing.?

This describes my own attitude to Photoshop very well, and also why I
like Lightroom so much.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman