Subject: [Leica] M8 Discounts
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Jul 13 23:49:19 2008

Additionally, most electronic products bought in USA have USA warranty only,
so you'll have the export/re-import fee- and tax hassles with every warranty
case. For instance, I paid the tax and vat (here 7.6%) of my R-D1s twice,
and was in communication with our duty department, for many months, to get
at least some bucks back.

I've learned that, in the end, you don't win much by hunting bargains in
international web shops, except, it's low price or used stuff, or, as Nathan
says, you can smuggle it and you have no warranty issues. The M8 is likely
not save for that second issue.

Didier

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 Discounts)