Subject: [Leica] M8 Discounts
From: neils1 at verizon.net (Neil Schneider)
Date: Sun Jul 13 21:09:37 2008

From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@frozenlight.eu>
Subject: Re: [Leica] M8 discount in Europe - somethings up!
To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
        delsp=yes

Yes, Luis, but you do not need to shop in Spain. The market here is
not very competitive, and discounting is rare. For example, you can
get the M8 for 600 Euros less at a very reputable dealer in the
Netherlands:

http://www.kamera-express.nl/index.php?page=product&product=19422

I love living in Spain, but when I need to buy photo equipment, I shop
in Germany, the Netherlands or the UK (now interesting because of the
weak pound). I only buy in the US when I have someone going over there
who can "smuggle" it back. Otherwise, I find that by the time I have
paid the high shipping costs across the Atlantic, plus the VAT on
arrival here, most of the savings evaporates. Although I must say that
that particular calculation has changed in recent months with the
dollar's slide. And because the US market is the most competitive in
the world, many manufacturers from Europe or Japan are forced to live
with lower margins there when the dollar falls, so the price does not
completely reflect exchange rate movements.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan & All
Well here's the good news about buying the M8 in the E.E.U.U. at this moment.
B&H Photo is selling the M8 for $5495 in dollars... taking todays exchange
rate between
the dollar & Euro, that would cost only 3446? plus tax of 8.75% or $480
dollars or euros
302?... the entire package would cost in euros 3748?...
Regards
Neil

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] M8 Discounts)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 Discounts)