Subject: [Leica] RE: Another Door Closed to Photography
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Jul 12 19:03:38 2008

Jim,

I, for one, thank you for reporting your experience. I believe it
extremely important that we broadcast each case of a door closing; no
matter how big or small that door is. Only then will those sitting on
a log get the no longer subtle shifts that many of us have experienced.

This is the most important topic affecting true documentary
journalism and photography. Historic in every way. If "they" succeed
in controlling real journalism - we're in serious trouble. The
episode with 60 Minutes and big tobacco owning the network should
have stopped these trends in their tracks. Yet, it's gotten worse not
better. Media moguls continue to buy up more and more outlets thereby
restricting the number of voices on any given issue. Freedom of the
press is, in my opinion, every bit as the 3 branches of government
being held accountable with due diligence.

docu-drama, info-tainment currently receive more airtime than true
documentary or real news.
our local tv stations have become a joke - they run canned PR shit
from advertisers as if it were breaking news.
and they have the crass audacity to run the ads within 5 minutes of
running the propaganda.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com