Subject: [Leica] Lecia Street Photography
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri Jul 11 23:51:44 2008

I must make a quick comment. Leica are calling for MASTER IMAGES via the
LFI. They want M8 DLUX CLUX images only, to "prove" how good these digital
marvels are I suppose. When you read the fine print, you have to have model
releases for anyone in the images: Well perhaps the photography the M was
good for is now no longer viable. I can't imagine traveling in India and
having to get someone to sign a release.

I'm going to Paris in September for 3 weeks: one of my aims is to make some
street images, but in France the rules are even stricter I believe.
Certainly 60% of HCB's work would not pass the Leica Master image
requirements. For children you would have to track down the legal guardians.
It seems a bit depressing to use the M to take only animals, vegetables and
minerals, and I suppose body parts which cannot be identified.

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from eboehmjr at gmail.com (Eric Boehm, Jr) ([Leica] Lecia Street Photography)
Reply from johnbeeching at gmail.com (John Beeching) ([Leica] Lecia Street Photography)