Subject: [Leica] IMG: Still kicking
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Jul 9 08:18:36 2008

Daniel,

I enjoyed viewing your images. I like the Summicron images the best.

Per your comment on the 18-70, I'm amazed by how newer lenses perform. I
wish that I wasn't so stuck on the ergonomics of older stuff. The feel
of a Summicron excites my right brain while a DSLR/zoom puts me in a
left brain mindset.  My digital stuff tends to be analytical and boring.
My film work is more creative. It seems the exact opposite should be
true, since digital is so easy, and therefore should be spontaneous. But
for some reason it just doesn't work out that way.

I like older equipment. Over the last month I've shot HIE and Rollei IR
in my M6, bw and color 120 in my Rolleiflex. I've also taken many shots
with a DSLR and Fuji P&S. The biggest thing I struggle with today is
deciding what equipment to use. If feel like I'm sitting on the fence
when I really need to commit to one thing. Choices were simpler before
digital.

DaveR