Subject: [Leica] OT: Self made book binding anyone?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Jul 7 06:54:50 2008

I did this a lot 30 years ago. It's not hard, but it does require some
special equipment. The modern version of the equipment is vastly better than
what I used, but the principle is about the same.

You can buy a perfect-binding machine that clamps the pages while you do the
binding and then swings a heat lamp over top of it to set the glue and dry
it. I never tried sewn binding, but I worked with people who did.

The manufacturer of the binding machines is Powis. See
   http://www.powis.com/products/photobooks/photobooks.php