Subject: [Leica] Blurb books
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri Jul 4 01:56:33 2008

I had one comment from John Amiet off the list. He was a bit disappointed by
the rendition of the blacks and the darker images. I suspect he is correct,
but all in all, the reproduction is very close to that I submitted. One
thing to remember is that the contrast range of the printed book will always
be far below the screen, so I also tended to increase contrast just a tad.
There was no reason to do anything to most of the images but one rule:
always make the image the exact size of the box it occupies: do not let the
blurb software expand or contract the image: this might change the
perception of sharpening.

Cheers

Alastair