Subject: [Leica] Some Elmars
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Jul 2 06:29:42 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Ric Carter <ricc@mindspring.com> wrote:
> don't you hate a slump?
>
> just plucked an elmar 90 from the bay (auction). any helpful advice on the
> little sucker?

Make sure it is clean. You can do that yourself. Almost all 90 Elmars
I've run across let you screw them about (with your bare hands) and
you can get to all the elements you need to clean, even the internal
ones.

Don't be afraid to shoot it all over the board ... f4 to f11. I've
never gone smaller than f11 and I only did then:

http://dlridings.net/blog/?p=31

Because the sun was so bright and I was already at 1/1000.

The "shadow side" of Ewa was at 5.6

http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/2008-06/08v26-0015.jpg.html

Use a lens-shade. I don't know which Elmar you have. There are
basically two variants when it comes to shades, the older kind that
you clamp on or the more recent, 12575 shade (for the Tele-Elmarit and
others like that).

I got tired of carrying around the 90/2.0 Summicron. I don't use a 90
very often and it was just in the way. The 90/4 is a lens I can just
stuff in an extra pocket of my bag or jacket.

Thanks for taking a look. I'll pull out of my slump.

Best,
Daniel

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Some Elmars)
Message from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Some Elmars)