Subject: [Leica] IMG: June Nawlins Wedding
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Jun 28 16:52:28 2008

Hi Chris, I enjoyed going to another wedding with you, except that I never
get any champagne nor opportunity to dance with bridesmaids.
I rather like no.3 (shoes and flowers) novel and stylish with a little
abstract thrown in.
You haven't quite sold me on all of the angled shots of the
bride.(2,5,6,8,33) I know that you are using dynamic and interesting angles
of late. In these though, poor Virginia seems to be overbalancing a lot.
In no. 5, Virginia's hair and the elaborate fabric detail are shown really
well and there is elegant colour. But the sharper detail and prominence of
the bead-worked low neckline steals a bit from the bride's face, for me. The
side lighting has picked up imperfections in her forehead that will really
benefit from some exercise of the healing brush. Has to be permissible to go
to town with Photoshop for bridal stuff, I'm sure.
No. 7 is a delightful study of the amazing frock. That's a portfolio shot
for you right there. (no.1 too maybe but the highlight is a little
overpowering for me).
21, 25, 26, 31, 32, 34 all work really well in catching animation and
atmosphere. You always show these reception shots to great effect.

Important disclaimer: impressions from my personal taste and importantly I
have no commercial experience at all. I hope that technical
impressions/suggestions are still worthwhile.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/