Subject: [Leica] Tina's California Expotician
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 27 07:37:47 2008

Tina Manley <images@comporium.net> wrote:

> We did get into the forest fires last year - too close for me anyway:

It's a LOT worse this year.  Right now there are over 1000 wildfires
burning in the state, air quality here in Sacramento reminds me of Los
Angeles in the 1970s (YUCK!).  The sun doesn't rise or set.  In the morning
it gradually appears through the smoke on the horizon, likewise in the
evening it gradually fades into the muck.

I would guess that the eastern sierra is better off but a lot of smoke is
spilling over the peaks from the west.  The Western States endurance run, a
100-mile footrace from Squaw Valley to Auburn, was cancelled this year for
the first time, because of poor air quality and fires too close to the race
course (rugged terrain across the Sierra).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web