Subject: [Leica] Ah! Back to the Great Filter Dispute!
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Jun 26 06:51:47 2008

I hear you Marc. I feel like I have been here long enough now to have been
in a least one previous incarnation of this topic.
I don't understand the polarised positions on filters. Use them or not as
you want. Nothing helpful served by expressing my personal position there.
Everyone will form their own opinion and why not? I have had two saves from
mechanical damage by lens HOODS. As to the new UV/IR filters, I consider
those essential on the M8 for my photography. That I can illustrate
unequivocally. That's really a more complex issue however.

Cheers
Geoff middle ground free love forgiveness and tolerance guy
But ALL of those pork ribs are bad for me
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/