Subject: [Leica] THIS IS SHEILA JOHNSON
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jun 23 12:41:21 2008

Victor Rubin showed: Nicely!

>>After the LUG meeting in New York, and seeing the great work of Tina
Manley and Philip Forrest, I was bitten by the film bug. Quite frankly I
wanted to use that Canon Lens which I had bought relatively shortly before
converting

wholly to digital.

This is the first roll of film I had processed in over five years, with the
exception of a couple of rolls I shot with a Nikonos.

The 0.95 Canon lens was used on an M6 (after the lens was converted for

Leica use); wide open, at 1/60 sec. The film was Kodak color negative, ISO

400. The Camera with the lens...was heavy.

http://vroger.smugmug.com/gallery/5238610_EBp8K/1/318399509_rHuNz#318399509_
rHuNz-L-LB
<http://vroger.smugmug.com/gallery/5238610_EBp8K/1/318399509_rHuNz#318399509
_rHuNz-L-LB<<<<<<<<<> <<<<<<<<<

Hi Victor, Guys & Gals,

As beautiful as this is, I have absolutely no problem as it has such a nice,
not soft, but a very pleasant "old world look to it." It creates it's own
beauty look? Glow? I always wanted the lens myself.

I saw one in a shop several years ago and could've had it for $500.00! It
just happened as a freelancer at the time, $500. was a lot of money! :-) If
I'd only been better informed I'd have borrowed the money and bought it.

"However!"

Yeah I know here he goes again with the damn "however!" :-)

But why wouldn't one shoot this with the Noctilux at f 1.0?  Obviously if
one had a Noctilux, wouldn't it be the same effect? Similar glow at f 1.0?

Although the "glow factor" may not have been as distinct as we see here.

Thoughts?

ted

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] THIS IS SHEILA JOHNSON)