Subject: [Leica] RAINY DAY/HAZY DAY ON THE WATER
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue Jun 17 18:06:56 2008

George - I think you're right about that.  Sailboats and rowboats have
to be designed to move through the water with minimum fuss and makes
them pretty much "at one" with the environment - usually.  I can think
of some pretty clunky sailboats made in recent  years.  Most
powerboats today are designed to overcome the forces of nature, not
work with them and to my mind that leads to kludgy designs.  Didn't
use to be that way for powerboats, but now it is with a few exceptions
- the Hinckley Picnicboat being the prime example.

Can't say I agree about airplanes, though.  I think the modern
jetliner is one of the most beautiful objects in the world.

Regards,

Dick