Subject: [Leica] the neurosurgeons hands...
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Jun 4 17:33:53 2008

On Jun 4, 2008, at 5:19 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Ken Carney asked:
>
> Subject: RE: [Leica] the neurosurgeons hands...
>
>>> Just wondering: Do you have to scrub up the M8?
>
> After all, you don't know where that thing's been..<<
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> Not answering for Steve.
>
> I've never been asked to wipe any of my gear at any time. Usually I
> leave my
> gear bag in an off room from the OR where I can get anything I need
> quickly.
> But generally I go in with 3 or 4 cameras right off and a bunch of
> film in
> my OR pants and that's it.
>
> Actually one time the Surgeon asked me where my bag was he'd seen
> earlier? I
> responded, "I left it in the hall."
>
> He said, " get it in here right now!" meaning the operating room or
> "It'll
> probably get stolen!"  True !
>
> I brought it in and put it near the door and everyone was happy...
> particularly me! :-)

I used a Nikon D300 with a Nikkor 85mm f1.4 lens, RAW...

just like Ted said...

I wore scrubs hat, mask, shoes... no surgical scrub for me or the
camera, just fastidious care in where I went, and not touching...

some more images soon...

I shot RAW... planned to change to bw...
but the light was beautiful...many to me looked best left in color,
very rare for me and particularly for that scene,
so I left some in color, as I thought it best...

you may agree or not,

soon, Steve

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] the neurosurgeons hands...)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] the neurosurgeons hands...)