Subject: [Leica] the neurosurgeons hands...
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Jun 4 11:13:57 2008

On Jun 4, 2008, at 6:29 AM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Steve this is an interesting conversation because all the years I've
> shot
> medical assignments and book projects it's always been B&W without any
> comparison colour to b&w until digital. Simply because it's the
> content and
> light creating the form without colour detracting from it.

much as I usually agree totally Ted, and see these images initially in
bw,

something in this one speaks to me in color...which I felt as soon as
I saw it...

It is possibly because of the subtle nature of the colors here.

My wife said as soon as she saw it...

"it looks like a Carravagio painting"...

and I agree...

I previsualize each shot, that's the way I want it...

I almost never ! try it out after the fact...

If I don't see it a certain way at the time of the shot, I usually
skip it...

Steve

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] the neurosurgeons hands...)