Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 24/05: unwelcome visitors / looking for poultry advice
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun May 25 15:11:29 2008

Hi Nathan,

1)  Mallard

2) Edible yes, enjoyable. not necessarily - you don't really know what
and where they've been eating

3) What you need are a couple of sacks of polysterene balls that float
on the water, stops the ducks but doesn't stop you swimming. Prevents
evaporation losses too. Disadvantage - the balls tend to get covered
with green algae after a time.

Or, failing that, netting supported on poles at the corners of the pool.
(also helps to keep dead leaves off thw water in autumn)

Anything that goes bang or barks scares them and makes them shit within
seconds.

Cheers
Douglas