Subject: [Leica] kidpic print question
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue May 20 14:07:32 2008

Simon, I think that the choice depends more on your wife's taste than what
might be technically the best in someone's opinion. Being a parent means
that there is a lot of emotion involved, of course. Remember that the
purpose of this photo here is to please the child's mother, not to be in an
exhibition. My wife (and her mother) often is quite cool to pictures of our
children that I think are great photographs. Do you know the expression
'damned with faint praise' ? ;-)

>From your two photographs, I much prefer the bw with dramatic crop. I have
already said that I think it is stunning work. The original is also a very
good photograph, of course.
I suggest that you make TWO prints then present both to your wife and ask
which one that she would like framed beautifully for where she would like to
display it.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e