Subject: [Leica] Rather OT: Scary Stuff - Update
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed May 14 13:36:21 2008

At 08:50 AM 5/14/2008, Tina Manley wrote:

 >Thanks, Gene.  A slightly more uplifting update - After much urging
 >from me, Laura went to the police department to report the
 >mugging.  She was impressed with the detectives who were very nice
 >and concerned.  Laura was able definitely identify one of the guys
 >out of a book of photos so maybe they'll be caught.  The charge will
 >be assault and battery and robbery, since they got her hat.  The
 >detectives tried to get her to go to the hospital, but she's stubborn
 >and refused.  They gave her a ride home.  She's still pretty shaken
 >up and can't hear but I hope she'll be more cautious walking home
 >from the subway.  I'm sending her some pepper spray!  She didn't have
 >her Leica in her purse or she could have hit them with that!!

Tina

Big Cities may seem safe but can be very
dangerous.  I am sorry that your daughter had to
learn this the hard way.  I grew up doing stupid
things in relatively large town (Pittsburgh and
San Francisco).  By the time I was fourteen, I
had learned two significant things:

a)  if you are at the wrong place at the wrong
time, you're gonna end up dead or hurt,  and

b)  for the most part, you can get away with
things if you just act uninterested and walk away
-- for instance, on two occasions, I witnessed
guys being murdered and I just whistled a happy
tune and then when well away called the cops and
reported the incidents.  That was when I was around 13 or 14.

Your daughter was an unfortunate victim of a) rupra.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Scary Stuff - Update)