Subject: [Leica] Leica R10
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu May 8 13:10:26 2008

> ferrel anderson <andersonfe@msn.com> wrote:
>
>> Larger frame size means competition for the medium format crowd.
>> Maybe this is why the DMR was scuttled after Hasselblad bought out Imacon.
>
> My feeling too.
>
>> ... I am starting my savings account for the R10!
>
> Likewise, but mine is for the SL10 ;-)
> Over the years I've toyed with the idea of moving to a 645 camera but the
> prohibitive cost and the breathtaking size & weight of the long lenses for
> comparable angle of view brought me back to sanity.  Now it seems I may be
> tempted again, this time by Leica.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

For many of us Doug it's not a "MOVE TOO" deal but an ADD ON deal.
Many hard core Leica nuts had a Rolleiflex in the camera bag.
For those medium format moments.
For me that's trees; sans birds or lizards.
Landscapes.
Treescapes
Rockscapes
Tidepool scapes.
Thing which hold still and you want to print big without it thinning out on
you.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com