Subject: [Leica] Square Film Format for the R10
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 8 07:44:33 2008

Howard Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com> wrote:

> Older lenses, if they do have a larger image circle
> might become sought after and suddenly more valuable.

I suspect that ROM will play into the (presumed) larger format somehow, for
example Leica's "engineering solution" to using older lenses - a phrase
that has caused some panic on a few forums - may be to limit non-ROM lenses
to 24x36mm while using the ROM info to tell the camera how big an image
circle the lens can provide.  Pure speculation on my part.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web