Subject: [Leica] Appraisal for a custom, late m2
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu May 8 05:52:21 2008

I think that was one of Mark's best replies for sometime ;-)
To be fair, the LUG is a font of information. In this case I don't think
that anyone could make a useful estimate based solely on a small pic and the
brief comment. May I suggest that a search of on-line sales, for example the
Bay or a visit to a reputable dealer might give some broad indication. If it
is a rarity then that gets into the realm of collectors which is quite a
specialized thing, I would think. Rarity, desirability, item condition and
the lust of the potential buyers, etc make values pretty nebulous and
subjective of course.
Someone will now post a meticulous history, the initials of the technician
that tanned the lizard hide and a price estimate accurate to within $7.50!

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/