Subject: [Leica] Steve's Book
From: leica68 at gmail.com (Parker D. Haeg)
Date: Mon Apr 28 05:25:14 2008

I had a moment the other night and planned on sitting down and taking some
time with the images in Steve's book.  I wanted to really let them sink in
and give them the time for observation that they deserve.  I went to where I
thought I'd placed the book and it wasn't there.  After a good half hour of
looking for the book, I was at a loss and thought I would have to do it at
another time.  Awhile later I wandered into my eight year old daughter's
room, looking for my Ipod (it always finds its way in there).
There, sitting next to her bed was the copy of "I never wanted to be
famous".
To my mind, this is the highest form of praise; one child, looking into the
eyes of another struggling child.  Later, when I asked her about it, she
said that she wanted to take time to really look over the book and
understand what the other kids were going through.
Congratulations, Steve, you've touched Mo and I deeply.
Parker