Subject: [Leica] a new portraiture direction for me [imgs]
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Apr 27 16:10:39 2008

Keep up this interesting direction, Eric. I see exactly what you mean with
the tweaked tones and colour. It looks to me to be exactly what you are
aiming for. Someone else did a series like this (not a LUGger, I think). For
the life of me I have not recalled where I saw them as yet. I guess you saw
the resemblance to some of Jill's stuff if you looked on line? Actually I
think we had a thread trashing her some time back for a particular series
were the child subjects were all made to cry for the camera. No question but
that she does some striking work though and is very commercially successful.
Undoubtedly richer than I as well!
I just tried a few in your vein of my parents, however my 50 up close is
absolutely brutal on senior citizens' skin. Your kids are rather better
looking and unblemished!

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e