Subject: [Leica] Amesbury, MA - Leica R8 and Rollei 6008i
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Apr 25 17:10:44 2008

Jim, of the R8 shots, number 5 is my favourite. It has a wonderful sense of
depth to it. Perhaps it is because much of the water is in light, leading
into the foreground shadow. Have you ever tried manipulating one of these by
unbending the shot? That is, correct it so that you have that tremendous
expansive coverage but with the verticals corrected. Or is that a
transgression in the fisheye society? Maybe an interesting exercise, anyway.
>From the Rollei set, the second is just delicious. I can hear the energy in
the water. For this one, I consider that the bending is an asset. The trees
become a wonderful almost vignette like frame.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/