Subject: [Leica] IMG: the episode in which Hoppy becomes a criminal
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu Apr 24 08:01:57 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 7:49 AM, wildlightphoto@earthlink.net wrote:

> Stasys Petravicius <stasys1@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Doug- how is the correction accomplished?  I have a couple ROM
>> lenses.
>
> On Apr 23, 2008, at 8:57 PM, wildlightphoto@earthlink.net wrote:
>
>> Stasys Petravicius <stasys1@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Steve- I'm not sure- but I think you've explained it correctly. My
>>> old
>>> 60 mm macro has no electrical contacts (like the new R lenses have),
>>> and has no bar coding  as is being added by some for their M8's.
>>> somehow- the EXIF viewer software program pick up the data when you
>>> put
>>> your image file in to the software file on the monitor. I hope this
>>> helps, Stasys

>> The DMR can correct for vignetting when the lens has ROM.
>>

> I don't know.  On another list Robert Stevens demonstrated the
> effect with
> his 19mm Elmarit-R, I believe with RAW files.

the capabilities of the R system ROM DMR corrections are different
from those in the M system, with coding etc...

apparantly quite different...

and must be considered separately..

I have not been able to find Leica's statement of coding and the
optical corrections offered for the M system...

does anyone have this?

Steve