Subject: [Leica] IMG: the episode in which Hoppy becomes a criminal
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Apr 23 19:43:17 2008

On Apr 23, 2008, at 7:14 PM, Stasys Petravicius wrote:

> Steve- I'm not sure- but I think you've explained it correctly. My
> old 60 mm macro has no electrical contacts (like the new R lenses
> have), and has no bar coding  as is being added by some for their
> M8's. somehow- the EXIF viewer software program pick up the data
> when you put your image file in to the software file on the monitor.
> I hope this helps, Stasys

really I'm not sure what is fact, speculation, or hope for the
future...the descriptions I have read from Leica have been less than
clear. I have had leica reps tell me you miss nothing by not having
the coding, except some data in the exif. I'd like to see the
technical description /documentation on this.

Steve