Subject: [Leica] Noctilux DOF Film vs. M8
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Apr 22 18:03:19 2008

David Rodgers offered:

>> This whole Noct thread made my head spin a bit, though. It sort of
reminded me of my golf game. I'd been worried so much about so many
different things that I never could score decently. I finally stopped

thinking and just played. Suddenly everything fell into place. It was fun
again. I shot some great scores,too.<<<<<

Hi David,

Well said! Too many people think about too many things and inevitably make
mistakes they blame on gear. Not always!

I could never understand all the whining about the Magenta factor with the
M8 as I'd never experienced it. That is until. "surprise!"  One day there it
was as sure as shooting beautifully magenta! "OOP'S" Says I! discarded all
but one, flipped it to B&W and a smashing nice picture. The ugly magenta not
to be seen again.

Obviously people are having a problem with the Noctilux for whatever reason
of manufacture.

But I'm super surprised the thread has taken up so much time and space
rather than everyone acting on.. "This is an actual problem, everyone dump
their Noctilux and M8 on LEICA with a curt note.. "FIX THIS DAMN THING!"

Then maybe it'll be done? However?

ted