Subject: [Leica] Unmarked Elmar
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Apr 13 20:00:31 2008

Hi Jerry,

Some of the very early nickel 5cm Elmars and Hektars did not have
serial numbers. If you check kevincameras.com you will find they have
three such lenses for sale without numbers. I don't think the lack of
serial number increases it's value. The two Elmars they have are
rated as Ex++ and cost $395. If yours is truly mint it may be worth
more.

Regards,
Len