Subject: [Leica] Efke, Foma, etc.
From: pkolodny at fibertel.com.ar (Pablo Kolodny)
Date: Wed Apr 9 05:33:27 2008

Tarek,

what it is usually said about Efke, Foma and other films is that makers do
fail at the time of quality control so some variations could be found.
Mine is not an extensive experience, only film of those you mentioned I was
shooting with is Efke 25 and 100 in 120 rolls and 4x5 sheets too.
All of what I shot came up well tuned in and even but I think all of that
film was coming out from the same batch.

Agree on that about shooting pinhole 4x5 won't effect so much if variations
are really found but as for finer works with 120 film you better go get the
amount of rolls you need by one time from the dealer and ask them to check
they really come from the same batch number.

I'd bet you won't be disappointed.

Still, I wonder why you're going for these films, are they much cheaper ?
They aren't much better.

regards from the end of the world.

Pablo