Subject: [Leica] Efke, Foma, etc.
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Apr 8 11:11:38 2008

Hello Tarek,

I have not used Foma film but I have used Efke 25 and 100 speed in
both 35mm and 120. The films have good tonality developed in Rodinal.
Expose at the rated speed and do not push or you will not like the
increase in grain. I like the film for landscapes. When you develop
the film pre-soak in water for two minutes before the developer. Also
use water as a stop bath and a hardener fixer. Handle the wet
negatives carefully as the emulsion is soft. I also recommend pho-flo
after the final wash. These films will give you a nice look but do
not have the high contrast look of Pan-F or Delta 100. Try the film
first to see if you like it before shooting an important event.

Regards,
Len