Subject: [Leica] Selling gear
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Apr 7 22:08:16 2008

And two Aussie cents more to add.
We all know that cameras are made to take photographs. That's our common
consensus. To that I would add get the best you can for your photographic
style. Change it as often as you want and can afford. Its your money. But
use it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with also getting cameras for the pleasure of
ownership or the experience of using them or collectability or just because
you would like to try something.
If that rare model is Vick's desire then the considerations are different.
Not will it take better pictures than a more common model, but does he think
it is good value for his purpose (including is it a genuine rare item), and
can he manage to pay for it. Nothing to do with any technical superiority or
otherwise.
Finally eBay is a fun hobby on its own and is also one means of acquiring
whichever objet d'technolust that you crave, or just plain useful gizmo,
hard to find thingie, whatever. Heck I've even saved hundreds on bulk film
purchases. Don't knock the Bay! I just checked and I have done just that 278
times in the last 3 years.

Just keep taking photos while you are enjoying your other interests of
shopping or trading or collecting or Belgian beer or Sushi or Senoritas ;-).

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/