Subject: [Leica] IMG: Home, II
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Apr 3 12:52:16 2008

At 03:37 PM 4/3/2008, you wrote:
>It's the lack of real programs, those coming up from the UN just do fail and
>did fail for so many years, what it makes me mad. It's not photographing or
>not photographing them.
>
>The better industries are the more impoverished we can find, I think you'll
>agree with this, it's just facts.
>Pablo

I agree, Pablo, but I don't think we can depend on governments or
industry to do what is right.  Governments and industry look only at
the bottom line and how to get the most while paying the least.  The
government agencies that I have worked with have been based on
bureaucracy and are only concerned with appearances, not actual
progress.  People who want to help should find a charity that they
believe in and contribute their time, talent and money to make a
difference.  The only way to find out if a charity is really making a
difference is to visit, unannounced, and see for yourself what is
happening or volunteer and get involved.  If you need suggestions, I
have several ;-)
http://www.heifer.org
www.mowaa.org/
www.habitat.org/