Subject: [Leica] Blurb and book update: depression
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Mar 24 16:35:37 2008

Do we enter LUG year books and should I enter the FOM2 book? Comments?

Update on the book: I worked over easter for the book and hospital: ended up
about 50:50 ;-) I thought I was finished and began to make test pdf's and
prints only to find far too many quality issues. These are being addressed
image by image, so its slow, but worth it.

In addition, Blurb have asked those with big books to delay publication due
to binding issues mainly out of Holland: This is not really the reason I"ve
been held up, but perhaps there will be less grief, as the book is the
largest Blurb produce: 11 x 13 and over 320 pages.

The index is nearly complete: I've put together as many homepages as I can
for the 143 involved: if you have a web address you would like included in
the index of the book please let me know.

Helen seems to have forgiven me for running into "her" time: she has even
been proof reading the book which will improve the look. I thank Greg
Rubenstein for proof reading the text and being very helpful. Blurb suggest
a test book before ordering copies and I will do that. When I put it up I
will order a book for me and proof it. If you want to proof read a
pre-release copy let me know, but there are no discounts for that and I
would prefer checking it over before general release given the amount of
effort that has gone into it.

Keep smiling

Cheers

Alastair