Subject: [Leica] Another ZM lens on the horizon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Mar 24 12:17:52 2008

> Here is a link to the Zeiss site, with a photo of the new 35/2.8.
>
> Boy, does it ever have the "Cosina" look to it. The lines between
> Zeiss and Cosina are so blurred, it is now just a matter of which
> continent the machines were on and what it says around the front rim.
>
> This has the "C" designation, but not for "Classic". It is for "Compact".

We really need to keep defining our terms clearly. The point of my last
post.

These are lenses made by Cosina. With Zeiss advice.
A Zeiss design?
Just about any glass you get anywhere started off being a Zeiss design.
Believe me the day you can get a new Zeiss lens for less then a grand things
will be so out of whack we'll all be hiding in bushes with machine guns
resorting to cannibalism.

You want to see what a real Zeiss looks like go over to a friends house who
has Zeiss Contarex or Contax stuff from the 60's or more likely Hasselblad
stuff.
They are solid as rocks and cost thousands and look like they do and perform
like they do.

These are Cosina Zeiss lenses CZ or ZM.

A Zeiss lens would cost just as much if not more than a Leica lens.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Another ZM lens on the horizon)