Subject: [Leica] CAUGHT ON... The Upper West Side
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu Mar 20 11:12:30 2008

George - I must admit I am not the most ardent post-processor and
three of these (the B&W ones) were taken from the in-camera JPGs with
only cropping and level adjustments applied.  It's my fast and dirty
way of getting something out to show.  All three have slightly crushed
blacks due to the -.7 EV exposure comp I was using.  I've since
reverted to -0.3.  The DNG files don't show this.

The noise you're seeing, and that I do now just barely see in PSCS3
after you called my attention to it, is probably due to the +2 stop or
so of exposure increase I added to the JPG so you could see the guy's
face.  It was way down in black originally.  I suspect if I went back
to the DNG file and reprocessed this, the noise would go way down.

Thanks for the comments.  Thanks for letting me know you found the
shots interesting.  Without that feedback it's hard to tell if I'm
getting worthwhile results or not.

Regards,

Dick