Subject: [Leica] Philip Jones Griffiths passes away
From: leica68 at gmail.com (Parker D. Haeg)
Date: Wed Mar 19 17:03:31 2008

Talk about the passing of one of the greats. . .
It's hard to overestimate the impact he has had on documentary photography
and photojournalism.  He was fearless and committed his beliefs.  I can see
the influence of his work in lots of the Magnum and VII photo greats.
I'll have to pull on one of his books and marvel at his talent again
tonight.
Parker