Subject: [Leica] Philip Jones Griffiths passes away
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Mar 19 16:48:04 2008

A sad passing! :-(

A shame indeed, but then only the good die young! And he left such a
fantastic legacy of photography and life he'll never be forgotten.

Actually he and I have something in common:

>> Mr Jones Griffiths left Wales at the age of 16 but has said that his
upbringing as a Welshman was the basis for everything he did.<<<

I was born in Canada, but my mother who was Welsh took me to Wales, her
mother country, when I was a few months old. We apparently stayed for a year
or two but returned to Canada. And she brought me up with as much Welsh
understanding as she could muster so I'd never forget my blood lines. :-)

That's about the only thing Phillip Jones Griffiths and I have in common. As
hardly a soul could touch him for his incredible photographic talent!

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Philip Jones Griffiths passes away)
Reply from leica68 at gmail.com (Parker D. Haeg) ([Leica] Philip Jones Griffiths passes away)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Philip Jones Griffiths passes away)