Subject: [Leica] Re: OT I hate flash ( it was "speaking of cars and photography" )
From: platoali at gmail.com (Platoali)
Date: Sat Mar 15 05:57:11 2008

On Shanbe 25 Esfand 1386, you wrote:
> at least they support linux.
>
> hey, there's another linux user on the list!
>
> i've been running redhat for 5 years or so as my primary machine,
> right now i'm on fedora 5.
>
> even i am amazed at how many things i can do without windows or os x.
>
> i use my m8 with gphoto2, i can edit raw file with cinepaint and
> keep track of my images with digiKam.  my epson scanner and hp
> multifunction both work fine.
>
> i never need to install any manufacturer's software and very little
> closed software (flash being one of the exceptions or course).
>
> it's come a long way since 2002.
>
> -rei

Me too. I love the open-source concept. I'm using Gentoo for two years now.
Can Cinepaint open DNG? I've tried to open them with Digikam and Krita. But
was not happy with result. So I was ended with Lightzone (  version 2.4 ) (
comfortable but not a Free/open-source solution.)

Best regards
Ali Yazdi