Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: different Apple desktops
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Wed Mar 12 05:58:47 2008

I've had my 2.4 20" iMac since October. Love it! I put 4gb RAM in and
Lightroom,CS3 seem to fly by. Nikon NX is another story but
that's on their end since the program is just freaking slowwww. I weekly
edit weddings in Lightroom with anywhere from 1,000 to
2,000 RAW images and I don't see it moving slow at all.

I'm sure I can have more speed and space with the Mac Pro but for now I
can't justify all the extra $$$ in getting one. I send my
images to my external Lacie drives so almost nothing is stored on the iMac
drive itself except for the software programs. My iMac
has a 320bg hardrive and still show 230gb remaining.

I heard the 24" screen is much better than the 20" but at the time it was
impossible to find a 24" iMac.

My "Amsterdam Brownie" opinion anyway.

Chris