Subject: [Leica] OT best light monopod ?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Mar 10 08:54:48 2008

I have two small ball heads -- one Gitzo, one Linhof. I also have Gitzo
and Bogen monopod legs. I bought the Linhof head at a camera show. It
was $10. I already had the Gitzo head but I decided I couldn't pass on
something marked Linhof that was only $10. My hunch was right. The
Linhof is an awesome head. I ended up putting it on the Gitzo leg. I
much prefer the Linhof head on Gitzo leg to the Gitzo/Bogen setup.

I don't know which is more important, the legs or the head. I guess
they're both equally important. I use a monopod more often than I use a
tripod. The older I get the more often I find it useful to use some type
of camera support. I think maybe my head and legs are wearing out!

DaveR