Subject: [Leica] IMG: Casual Portrait with Summilux 50 asph
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Mon Mar 3 01:01:37 2008

Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> Thanks Alastair, it seems to be a consensus. I am not yet ready to
> surrender that all of that first EV all of the time. More practice
> required. Gee I wish it had the EV comp on an analog dial on top. I
> hate menus.

We all do Geoff, but at the restaurant ;-)

> . Don't need no stinkin' histogram when I'm  shooting.

I'm sure you'll get to liking it some day - when contrast is too high
for instance, and you DO want that shot ok.

I haven't commented on the photo yet. It is a very good and clean
portrait of a charming young lady. Let her know that her glasses are
just perfect and she wears them in a very ladylike manner. I'm not so
bothered by their frame as there's still that happy Hoppy spark showing.

Keep shooting Geoff, we want to see more - remember, with digital,
experimenting is just free, even if time-consuming. :-D

thanks a lot for sharing
phx