Subject: [Leica] Zeiss-Ikon RF
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu Feb 28 07:23:14 2008

I think we've been through this before, but - the ZIRF is NOT a spruced
up Bessa - the innards are completely different, the shutter assembly is
different, the controls are placed differently.
The only thing linking it to the Bessas (which are excellent cameras
too) is that it is manufactured by Cosina (which some people seem to
think is a bad thing) -  for Zeiss to Zeiss specifications and to Zeiss
quality assurance specs. Even the prototypes at Photokina before last
had a Zeiss-like quality feel, nothing at all like the early Bessas.
If I didn't already have enough RF cameras I would buy a ZIRF right away
(its absolutely gorgeous in black)
Cheers
Douglas.