Subject: [Leica] Zeiss-Ikon RF
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Feb 27 22:32:09 2008

 R. Clayton of course you are correct and Erwin's review does compare the M7
and ZI. I was just suggesting an alternate and Leica
choice approximately comparable in price to the ZI purchased new (based on
prices here, at least). A clean M7 is more money here.
Another alternative might be one of the Cosina Voigtlanders. In my view, if
you do not wish to pay for the M's then the Voigtlanders
are excellent value. Same manufacture facility as the ZI. Here the ZI is 2.4
times more expensive. My personal vote of course goes
to the M7, followed by the M6. An MP if you are feeling purist!
Regards
Geoff