Subject: [Leica] wet camera
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Fri Feb 22 13:41:01 2008

This may be frowned upon, but if I think a worrying amount of moisture has
gotten into my camera I turn the oven on as low as it will go, wait for it
to heat up until the thermostat turns the coils off, then shut off the
dials, put the camera in on a high rack, and let the oven cool with the door
cracked open.

  Don't try this with the camera cold from the outdoors, of course - it
should be indoors-warm all through, and I usually leave it on the counter
near or above the stove while I'm going through the first steps above.

Elizabeth Reid <elizabeth@reid.org> wrote:
  I just took my Nikon FM for a walk to take pictures as snow was
falling. However, now it's a bit wet, what with the melting snow and
all. Any advice on the best way to care for it?