Subject: [Leica] IMG: Inside a B-17 (attention WWII buffs)
From: bill at grimwood.net (Bill Grimwood)
Date: Tue Feb 19 07:49:14 2008

Peter I certainly enjoyed the B-17 photographs.  I had two uncles that were
pilots in WWII, one a B-17 and the other a B-24.  They never talked much
about the war but both finished their number of missions and got sent back
to the States before the end of the war.  I was lucky to have them.

Another neighbor was a B-17 pilot who worked in Huntsville for NASA.  He
said occasionally on his job he would have trouble from one of the von Braun
team and when that happened he would just wear his old flight jacket to work
for a few days.  Across the bottom of the jacket was painted Peenemunde.
After wearing it they didn't bother him anymore.  I have been trying to get
his widow to donate that jacket to the Alabama Space & Rocket center and
museum but so far she has not done it.

Thanks again I enjoyed them.

It was exciting growning up in Huntsville with NASA.

Bill Grimwood