Subject: [Leica] IMG: yum yum, not for Ted? :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Feb 15 06:32:44 2008

Richard Man suggested:

Hi  Richard,
Now that's my kind of food by the barrel! :-) I eat Japanese as often as I
can at home or traveling. I even had a great dinner in Moscow awhile back
where I didn't expect to find a Japanese restaurant.

The bad-good thing was? The price was bad "I'm glad I didn't have to pay the
bill!" A photo buddy paid. :-)

The good part? The food was wonderfully fresh and I didn't have to pay! :-)

Not many items I've not taken too. However there are two I stay away from.
Mackerel, always tastes very "fishy!" And Uni, it always feels like a
mouthful of fine sand.

However, quails egg with Salmon roe is a mind blowing wonderful delicacy!!
Japanese restaurants can be very relaxing when you sit in a tatami room with
door shut, quietly eating and conversing without a maddening crowd of
diners. The food is accompanied  with copious amounts of hot Saki, or in the
summer I like cold saki served in the small wooden box.

Nothing like an assignment to learn about the foods of other nations you're
working in.

My first time to eat raw sea food was in Japan in 1968. The eating it was
determined by the thought. "Well OK eh? 100 million Japanese can't be wrong
go for it!" And I've never turned away from it since, I just realized 40
years! WOW, time flies when you're eating well. :-)

Oh yeah and the saki? Wonderful!

So yes it is yum yum for Ted anytime!

ted