Subject: [Leica] Does the process matter?
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon Feb 11 23:06:29 2008

I just bought some original Chinese calligraphy ranging from 1600s to
1900s, each for ~$60, produced by famous calligraphers. The carbon
pigment ink lasts hundreds of years, as are the rice paper.

At 10:56 PM 2/11/2008, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>The average million dollar Jackson Pollock or you name it oil painting
>starts falling off in chunks before you even get it home.
>Every morning you come downstairs for coffee there's chucks of paint on the
>floor in front of the painting. You don't want your dog to eat them.
>Most 20th century painters didn't understand how paint works.
>Owning a priceless painting often requires an additional priceless amount of
>money to maintain it year after year..
>Its a myth that graphics process like a silver print are more tenuous than a
>painting.
>
>They are more tenuous than a rock sculpture.
>Paintings are non permanent for sure. By a mile.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Does the process matter?)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Does the process matter?)